Monday, July 30, 2007

More big news!

I came out of the woods a few weeks ago for my normal days off and found out that someone had been checking my references for a job in Flagstaff, Arizona that I had applied for a few months ago. I had a phone interview and was offered the job the next day. I accepted the job on the condition that they find a job for Molly also. As I headed back to the backcountry I was sure of how things were going to pan out. Last Tuesday, Molly had park dispatch notify me by radio that they had found her a job as well!

We will be moving the first week in September. I will stay at Little Five until Labor Weekend which will allow me to finish almost my whole season. We will then pack up the U-Haul and head east. We will be working at what are known as the Flagstaff Monuments -- Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater, and Wuptaki. I will be a Fee Supervisor (a promotion no less) and Molly will continue for Administration, albeit in a slightly different position.

We are both extremely excited. Flagstaff is a bigger town than Three Rivers and will offer more opportunities and what we think is a better place to raise our little one. We hope that you all will find your way to visit us as soon as possible.

Everything is going well. Molly is feeling great and looking spectacular in some of her newly purchased maternity outfits. We went to San Francisco this past weekend for a wedding of a couple of friends from the Park. We stayed with our friend Kim (thanks Kim!) and as usual had a fun-filled exciting weekend. We also stopped at the Gilroy Garlic Festival on the way home -- something we have always wanted to do since we moved to California. We had a lot of fun, and I think I can still taste a little garlic on my breath. We enjoyed a ton of food, including some garlic ice cream.

Now we begin the tedious chore of packing up the house. This is never easy, especially because I will be in the woods most of the next month. We moved to Sequoia in the back of our Ford Explorer -- we will be moving to Arizona in a 24 foot U-Haul truck.

3 comments:

O and F said...

congratulations! you two have quite a lot going on in your lives! hope all is well. thinking of you often...

Curly said...

Great pics of you two at the Garlic festival and the wedding. What a hot couple you guys are, and that baby is gonna be one great looker.

Babs said...

LOOKING GOOD,THE LITTLE PINE CONE BABY LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL. MOLLY YOU LOOK FABULOUS..AH, YOU DO TOO WILL...