Sunday, November 4, 2007

Indiana Baby Shower


For a bit of a change, I, Molly, am going to be writing this blog entry so beware! It has been quite hectic around here what with getting ready for baby and continuing to get ourselves settled in Flagstaff. We know that this is just the beginning of the work ahead so we consider it practice. Will and I work really well together and can generally find humor and laughter in everything we do so we are taking all obstacles in stride.

In mid October, I traveled back to Indiana for a baby shower that my Mom and sister, Betsy, threw for me. They are both so excited to become a first time grandmother and aunt. They are a touch baby crazy! They have been having fun looking for baby clothes and supplies. While I was home they made sure to talk to my stomach so "Baby" will recognize their voices...I'm not sure if it really accomplished anything other than people staring at us in the airport...

The shower was a lot of fun and it was really great to see so many friends and family members. It was a traditional shower with REALLY yummy cake and goofy shower games (my family can not get through ANY party without playing a game...we are game people). My cousin, Tracie Young was the game master and everyone had a good time trying to guess famous mothers, baby name meanings and random baby items.

Mom and Betsy, as usual, planned a great party. I had such a good time I was even a little depressed when it was over...

Baby and I received so many nice things at the shower that will help when the little one arrives. (Blankets, Clothes, Diapers, etc.) Will and I really appreciate all that our family and friends have done for us. Thank you for everything to help us with our "long term project!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow that sound like so much fun. Do you have a baby name in mind?