Saturday, May 19, 2007

The news is out!

Yesterday was such an exciting day. I left work early and Molly and I headed into Visalia to see the Doctor. We were so curious to find out how far along Molly is and get a tentative date of our baby. We met with our Family Nurse Practitioner (Rita Barron, who came highly recommended) for the first time and really liked her. She pushed and prodded at Molly and deemed her very healthy and told her to keep doing what she has been doing.

When she found out it was my birthday she said we would definitely need to see a picture of the baby. She brought Molly in for a sonogram and we got to hear the heartbeat (fast!) and a picture of the baby. It was so exciting. She estimated that Mol is about 8 weeks pregnant and gave a very tentative date of arrival for January 1st. We go back in a month for an ultrasound, and she said she would be able to give a more firm date, but it looks like a Christmas/New Year's Baby.

After our appointment we called our families and lifted the gag order we had imposed on them. Our moms were chomping at the bit to share our good news and it's nice to know they don't have to keep anymore secrets.

Besides all the great baby news, Molly and I are are also looking at buying a home. We have a family friend here in town who is a Realtor helping us out. We are excited at the prospect of having a place of our own. Between the house and Molly being pregnant, we except everyone to come visit soon.

My backcountry season is rapidly approaching, and the back bedroom is quickly filling up with lots and lots of yummy food. Molly and I have had a blast filling up carts at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Target. Rita gave Molly the go ahead to hike this summer to see me, just warning her that it would wear her out much quicker than last year. I also can't make her work when she comes out. It will be a relaxing trip, not a working trip. My schedule this summer will be different than last year. I won't be gone the whole summer, I'll work 10 days in the BC and have 4 days off in which I will hike out to be with Molly. This will be better for everyone, but even tougher to be be away from Mol this summer.

Hopefully I can keep you all up to date on this site with pictures and news as the time goes by.

1 comment:

O and F said...

so, so happy for you both! what a wonderful time ahead of you. congratulations and lots of love...